Monday, November 05, 2007

Life at 2043 / 051107

One house, 5 corners.
One group: Commonly called "family."
TV, radio, computer.
All three vie for sound dominance.

And somehow, this is my fault.
Somehow, it must be.
I am blamed for most things.
Blamed because I bother.

I am the eldest. I should take care of things.
I should have control over my brothers.
I could, if I wanted to.
I'd much rather ignore them: why breed animosity?
Nothing is achieved when you stamp your authority.
In the past, perhaps.
But no longer.

What am I worth, really?
I know that this sounds like a cliche post about self-doubt.
But still, when the youngest is the loudest and the most demanding,
The second-youngest is the one who gets his way most of the time,
And the eldest is the one who gets all the medical problems;
The one who spends money on things that he does not want,
Can you blame me (Yes, I am the eldest...)?

It has to be the thyroidism.
Mood swings. Depression. Whatever.
Right, just blame the thyroidism.
Find a scapegoat and throw all that's wrong in your life at it.
It's what people in the real world do, anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home