Monday, March 31, 2014

140330

So I was sitting in the bus which faced toward the sides. Suddenly, a tourbus filtered into the next lane. It was close to the bus I was in. I realise I tend to brace myself a lot more often these days. As though I'm prepared for some accident or bad thing to occur.

But that's not the story.

Still, I let my eyes widen and I leaned back. There is this certain restraint you can often place upon yourself, right? If you see a fire, you avoid it. Unless there is someone injured, then you force yourself to swallow that fear and be brave. Or at least, that's what should be expected. I decided there was no need to restrain my reaction at that time.

But again, not the story.

A few moments passed, and I hear the lady opposite me tell her husband/partner that it was quite a scary moment. Now, the pause was a bit too long for her to have been saying it in reaction to fear. I thought perhaps she was trying to spare me from being judged. Perhaps her husband/partner didn't know why I was making faces at him (because his back was facing the side where the tour-bus filtered toward).

I don't know if that was what happened, or if my over-imaginative mind pieced a wholly unlikely story together. I'd like to feel thankful that she noticed and that she bothered. And even in the (more probably) event that she did not intend to respond to me, what she did did mean something to me.

So I thought it was an incident worth remembering... and thus here it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home