Thursday, December 13, 2007

131207 / 1615

Deluded by visions of a friendship so strong.
I have only today realised how little I mean to people.
Perhaps, the best gift to those I treasure most
Would be to stay away from them.
Let their lives not intertwine with mine,
That they may be happy.

Knees to my eyes.
Jeans stained by tears.
There is a gentle breeze:
Little comfort.
For all my sacrificed sleep,
For all the distance travelled,
I only wanted to make you smile.
But you'd left,
Despite knowing I was coming.

Was the choice difficult?
You never informed me.
And foolishly, I went down
All the way:
South to East.

Did you feel bad?
You never did apologise.
You insisted on me leaving the gift outside your house.
So I returned the lighter.
So I took out the candle.
So I rewrapped the cake.
I don't think you'll ever try on the necklace.

And you never did reply
When I asked if I was that disliked...
In your silence, you politely nod.

I have only today realised how little I mean to people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home