Sunday, April 08, 2007

080407 / 0331

This is really not conducive to anything. If anyone visits this blog, do comment that "this blog is read!" It may seem stupid, but otherwise I would simply be talking to myself. And that is often seen as a symptom of a psychological defect. Plus, it lets me know how personal I can make this blog.

Anyway, back to the main issue. It has been a really eventful weekend. So much has happened that it just seems appropriate to break away from the general flow of this blog and post an entry about the events of my life. The core occurrences were birthday celebrations. There was Cher Li's, which was a post-birthday celebration. It was dinner at the Manhattan Fish Market, which was a seafood place. This ultimately meant that I had to appear inconspicuous, since I was the only one who could not order food. Geraldine gave me her fries though, so I did not starve. We later moved across to MINDS to play some games, which were incidentally not mentally-challenging, although the name of the place would suggest otherwise. We split into 2 groups since 8-10 people is too large a group to play one game. There was supper too, at McDonald's. The next day was a Friday. It was Good Friday, and I went out again for Cher Li's and Justin's celebration. We ate lunch at Ichiban, and then ran out of places to go. We shopped for a while before going home. Finally, yesterday night was yet again someone else's birthday. This time, it was Nadia's. We ate at Terra, which is the same name as the female superhero/-villain in Teen Titans. I don't remember paying for anything though. I have to check again. We then prowled the arcade at Bugis Junction. I watched some dude complete House of the Dead 4. He paid for both players, and wielded both guns like trigger-happy cowboys in old western films. It was pretty extravagant, but he did complete it, so he just looked like a pro. And I guess that life sometimes has that way of playing with people. You can do something out of the ordinary, something strange. Yet, whether you are a revolutionary or a weird child is determined by the end results. But yet again, I am reading too much into everything that I see. I should learn to stop infusing philosophical meaning into everything that happens. As per the suggestion of a friend.

There were less consequential occurrences like paying for my A level re-take examinations. I still have not transcended into full-fledge mugging again, and this is worrying me. The other event was the loss of Man U to Portsmouth 2-1. Man U actually scored an own goal, and the Portsmouth fans just seemed to be taunting my support for Man U with their endless cheering. The only thing I learnt was that cheering is very intimidating.

And ultimately, with less consequential occurrences, there are also important ones. But the issue here involves an external party, so I am not at liberty to publish it.

Yes, and that, in very objective narrating, was the exciting weekend I had. Perhaps, in time, I will post a subjective take on my life. But this style works fine for recording purposes, which is incidentally also the reason of this post.

So forgive me if the tone of this entry seems very lifeless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home