Thursday, March 01, 2007

Work: Them

We have had many students actually coming to us to raise funds for different charities. I know that ten dollars to a single charity is actually very minimal. But they must understand that from my perspective, it is not just ten dollars but ten dollars multiplied by the total number of charities that come to us. Sometimes, I wish that I could actually aid them all, but I cannot afford to help every single charity. I also have some expenses of my own to pay for. I can only afford to help a few charities, and it is to the more established ones that I will be more willing to help with. Of course, it is often the unknown charities that are often the small, poor ones that really need help. Yet, there is also the possibility that the charities that some of these young people represent do not exist. Many of these teenagers are also victims, so I actually do not blame them. Yet, just because they are ignorant, I have no reason to be ignorant together with them. Perhaps some of their claims are true, but it is really very difficult for me to ascertain. And when the charity that I have supported turned out to be siphoning our contributions off for their own material gain, it is really very difficult to believe that the smaller, less-reputable charities will not do the same. It is very difficult for me, and I would very much prefer to just shy away from all charity work until I actually regain my confidence. Even the most stable of charities have fallen prey to petty gains. What more these other charities? I really hope that there is a way to ascertain the claims of these young people because it is really very confusing. At times, I feel like a child who realises that his parents are not his biological ones: lost. I am really sorry, but I really need time to regain confidence in these charities. Thanks so much for your effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home