Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Who Are We?

I am so tired of trying to be deviant in my blog. It is but a feeble attempt at trying to put myself up there. Can people actually get a glimpse into my life this way? Even in expressing points of view, I have to lie. Hence, they cannot. At most, they would come away with a possibly twisted perception of me.

Who am I? The "me" that is presented before you is one that has undergone the brainwashing of society. It is one that knows how to act and behave according to what society wants, or at least, to work towards it. So much of the world is in me that my true being is lost, being crowded out.

My perception of beauty, of success, of joy, of peace have been so distorted -- Joy is interlinked with success, success with money, and money with security and peace. Despite the uncovering of such deep-rooted beliefs have been uncovered, they cannot be removed because society does not yet provide a suitable alternative to replace the misconceptions within. Still, this is proof that I am not me and evidence that I am something the world has crafted, not something God has.

I believe that I am not the only victim of society. The success of this world is proof that many people, too, have lost themselves. They think the way they are supposed to, and this generates a lot of wealth and development for the economy. In our pursuit of society's definition of success and beauty, one can only in turn help the country grow -- exactly what they intended to achieve in the first place.

Indeed, we have lost ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home